Academic / Student Success
Partnering institutions provide full service to all students who are interested in attending classes at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center. The following links are available to connect you to your residential institutions' academic student support services in an effort of providing tutoring, advising, and/or referral services.
Please click on the following link of the institution at which you are enrolled or are interested in attending to get information regarding academic student support services:
- The Bluefield State College Academic Success Center is at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center Mondays thru Thursdays from 9am to 3pm. Stop by Room E27, call (304) 817-6018 or email email@example.com to receive services. They are here for YOU!
- Concord University's CU Beckley Director, Dr. Susan Williams, is available to all CU students for academic support and counseling on Wednesdays from 10:00 to 2:00 pm or by appointment at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center. Additionally, CU Beckley students can receive one-on-one career assistance from Mr. Phillip Lewis, Director of Career Services on Tuesdays from 10:00 - 6:00 pm at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center.
Additional Web Resources:
- Time Management Schedule for College and University Students (download and print for use).
- Writing (Styles) Assistance:
- Additional Online Resources:
- 7 Habits of Highly Engaged Learners
- Understanding Bloom's Taxonomy (Bloomstaxonomy.org)
- SQ3R - Reading & Study System
- Flashcards as an Aid to Memory
- Khan Academy
- How to Study
- Problem Solving Skills and Critical Thinking
- The VARK Questionnaire: How do I learn the best?
- 50 Amazing Online Study Resources for College Freshman