Career services and guidance is available through your respective college or university and can be accessed by clicking on the following links:
- Bluefield State College Career Planning & Placement Office
- Concord University Career Services
- Marshall University Career Services
Online resources about resumes, interviewing and careers:
- College Foundation of West Virginia (for career profiles, resumes, and interviewing tips, etc).
- Rockport Institute
- Linkedin (for students)
- Subscribe to Linkedin Blog by clicking here. At the bottom of the Linkedin Blog page is a blue email subscription button. Click on the button to join.
- Resume Action Words
- Career Spots are three minute or less online videos that highlight essential cornerstone principles in preparation for interviewing, resumes, questioning, etc. To access Career Spots, click here.
Useful online documents (available for download) are as follows:
- Interviewing: How to Prepare
- Popular Interview Questions
- Behavior Based Interview
- Questions to Ask the Interviewer
- Telephone Interview Tips
- Job Finder's Handbook (an excellent comprehensive guide [including cover letters, resume types and formats, and a whole host of other important information] provided by Youngstown State University's Office of Career Services).
Employment Background Checks:
Other useful online links are as follows:
- Linkedin Job Search (job search engine)
- Job Comet (job search engine)
- Indeed.com (job search engine)
- Monster.com (job search engine)
- Career Rookie (internships, part-time jobs and entry level careers)
- USA Jobs (working for America)
- WV Division of Personnel (State of West Virginia jobs)
- Career One Stop (pathways to career success)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- NACE Salary Calculator
- Nerdwallet Cost of Living Salary Calculator